Delmec is an international telecommunications service provider, established in 1975 and based in Carlow, Ireland that has a number of operations internationally within Europe, Africa and Asia.
The core divisions of the business are in the manufacture and supply of telecoms towers and masts, the installation and construction of telecommunication base stations, and the structural audit, inspection and design analysis of telecoms infrastructure providing high-quality services, internationally to mobile phone operators, tower portfolio managers and infrastructure developers in over 30 countries.
Position: Design Department Project Manager
The Design Department Project Manager will define and execute the current and future strategies for meeting site design requirements in line with the customer demand.
The Design Department Project Manager will analyse current solutions and develop new products accordingly. Ensuring compliance in installation quality and acceptable performance of network sites.
Candidates should have broad previous experience gained within site design environment, working with suppliers and management. Knowledge of Telecoms infrastructure would be an advantage.
The skills required to support these duties include organisation, critical and analytical thinking, leadership, communication, and technical knowledge. This position requires at least five years of management experience, preferably within a technical or engineering environment.
The role will involve:
- Overall responsibility for managing the design department
- Management and development of Telecoms Infrastructure Management System (TiMS)
- Management of weekly time sheets
- Management of work order trackers and job numbers reports
- Customer-focused; keeping a good relationship with the Customers
- Focused on deadlines; timely delivery of the work for internal and external customers
- Dealing with efficiencies
- Quality assurance and reporting
- Manage design team on a day-to-day basis, allocating work between the team accordingly
- Ensure professional standards are maintained for all designs
- Maintain and develop company works and design procedures
- Develop and communicate best practice
- Manage the design teams and associated costs within budget
- Coordinate civil works designs for approval bodies and tender documentation
- Understand and maintain up to date design process/guides for all relevant workstreams
- Ensure that any client-driven project-specific design procedures are implemented and maintained
- Analyse technology, resource needs, and market demand, plan and assess the feasibility of projects
- Provide support to Business Development, Sales teams and other Departments.
- Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineering qualification desirable
- Minimum 5 years previous management experience
- Proven record of developing procurement documentation related to the delivery of large-scale telecommunications projects would be a great advantage
- Previous experience of creating project financial budgets and managing control procedures and processes
- Previous experience of managing the design process for large scale civil engineering projects
- Previous experience with initiating and maintaining strategic relationships both internally and externally, using strong influencing skills to achieve business goals
- Excellent motivation and team-building skills
- Ability to manage individuals ranging from Graduate’s/Trainee’s through to experienced Design Engineers
- Ability to work and communicate confidently and effectively with both senior personnel within the company as well as external customers
- Excellent communication skills with strong decision-making ability and good time management skills
- Leadership qualities
- Problem-solving techniques
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Must be proficient in the use of computers. Possess sound working knowledge of IT systems such as: Windows 10, SharePoint, Teams etc. Strong MS Excel knowledge is a must.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Design Department Project Manager to develop a career in an expanding business within the Industrial sector.
Our offices are based just 1 hour outside Dublin and can be accessed from the M9. If you are interested in discussing this role in confidence please fill out the form below and attach your CV.