Role Description and Skills:
Delmec is currently looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager to join our busy International Operations Teams, who will be responsible for organising and delivering the highest quality for telecom systems installation projects. They will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of allocated projects to the client’s specifications, quality, and agreed budgets.
The Project Manager will play an integral role in collaborating with our clients, employee teams, and management while contributing to our culture of process improvement and adding value with a focus on quality to ensure smooth delivery of results while meeting our business and client needs.
In addition to excelling in core project management, successful candidates will demonstrate strong leadership, people management, excellent communication, and organizational skills. Technical expertise, knowledge, and background in Mobile Telecom sites are a prerequisite for these roles and candidates must be conversant in English.
These positions require a minimum of 3 to 5 years of project management experience, preferably within a telecom operator, vendor, or tower company organisation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the client and key stakeholders to establish and maintain collaborative relationships, supporting effective delivery and performance measurement for each project.
- Cost, time & scope management
- Project Scheduling & Progress Monitoring
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Delivery Management
- Project Procurement & Resource Management
- Risk & Issue Management
- Communication Management
- Change request management
- Demonstrate leadership by consistently taking charge of challenges and leading the team towards resolution in a fast-paced environment, ensuring effective communication within the project team.
- Provide accurate project performance data to senior management regularly.
- Proactively identify and follow up on opportunities to develop new business.
- Adhere to all Delmec quality and environmental obligations, company environmental policy, Health and Safety requirements, regulations, and safe work practices.
- Qualification in Project Management, Engineering, or similar related telecommunication discipline required.
- At least 3 to 5 years of professional experience in project management on large-scale projects or programme delivery experience.
- Experience in international project management – advantage
- Understanding of mobile telecom site infrastructure, including power and tower infrastructure
- Working knowledge of telecom site Health and Safety regulations.
- Ability to grasp and understand the business concepts, in addition to the technical imperatives of a project and to participate in high-level technical discussions with the team and client.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent customer relationships while managing their expectations.
- Ability to manage multiple customer-facing projects and responsibilities concurrently.
- Results-driven, self-motivated, and resourceful with excellent client-facing relationship skills.
- A track record of completing projects on time and budget.
- Experience in managing budgets and the financial awareness around the effects of every decision made.
- Lean experience would be an advantage.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Proficient in English language skills, written and oral.
Remuneration is dependent on industry experience and qualifications. This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career in an expanding business within the Telecoms sector.
Please submit your CV and an appropriate cover letter outlining your experience in the form below