Delmec are an international telecommunications service provider, established in 1975 and based in Carlow, Ireland that has a number of operations internationally within Europe, Africa and Asia.
The core divisions of the business are in the manufacture and supply of telecoms towers and masts, the installation and construction of telecommunication base stations, and the structural audit, inspection and design analysis of telecoms infrastructure, providing high quality services, internationally to mobile phone operators, tower portfolio managers and infrastructure developers in over 30 countries.
Position: Technical Engineer
Location: Carlow/Ireland (Hybrid/Remote working)
Role Description and Skills:
The Technical Engineer will be responsible for developing innovative solutions that meet the requirements and needs of Delmec’s customers. Reporting to the Engineering and Innovation department Manager, the Technical Engineer will be responsible for continuous portfolio review to maximise revenue.
Candidates should have previous experience gained within site design environment, including areas such as developing detailed design drawings and calculations, specification writing and compiling technical schedules. The role may involve travelling to client offices, Delmec offices and conferences to represent Delmec.
The skills required to support these duties include excellent communication and report writing skills, attention to detail and technical knowledge. This position requires at least 1 year of experience in a
consultant/client facing role within the telecommunications industry.
The role will involve:
- Track and update Delmec projects across the client’s operations
- Assist in creating and updating tower specifications
- Review and analyse equipment installation requirements across the tower portfolio
- Work with the clients’ H&S department advising them of risks and solutions to mitigate
- Carry out quality control checks on tower maintenance documentation
- Create innovative and cost saving solutions
- Provide technical advice to clients
- Liaise with design and projects team
- Provide data and technical input to Technical Lead
- Develop project data reporting structures and formats
- Work with the Delmec Innovation team to develop new products/services in line with industry demand and Delmec strategy
- Adhere to all Delmec quality and environmental obligations, company environmental policy, Health and Safety requirements, regulations, and safe work practices
- Engineering qualification Structural/Civil/Mechanical
- 1-3 years of experience in a consultant/client facing role within the telecommunications industry preferred
- A high level of competency in Math and English required
- Strong planning, organisational and communication skills
- Ability to provide simple and effective solutions to problems
- Excellent reporting skills
- Strong decision-making ability
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Commercial awareness and aptitude
This is an excellent opportunity for a Design Engineer to develop a career in an expanding business within the Industrial sector.
If you are interested in discussing this role in confidence then please complete the form below and upload a copy of your CV.