Delmec are an international telecommunications service provider, established in 1975 and based in Carlow, Ireland that has a number of operations internationally within Europe, Africa and Asia. The core divisions of the business are in the manufacture and supply of telecoms towers and masts, the installation and construction of telecommunication base stations, survey and maintenance of structural masts and the structural audit, inspection and design analysis of telecoms infrastructure, providing high quality services, internationally to mobile phone operators, tower portfolio managers and infrastructure developers in over 30 countries.
Position: Survey Technicians (Full-time)
Location: Carlow with travel nationwide
Role Description and Skills:
Delmec is currently looking for Telecom Survey Technicians for an immediate start or by the end of February. The Survey Technicians will be travelling to telecom sites nationwide, climbing telecom structures and carrying out surveys. Logging measurements and equipment from each site.
The skills required to support these duties include not afraid of working at heights and like working outdoors in varying weather conditions. Full training will be provided to the successful candidates.
This position requires at least 2 to 3 years’ experience, preferably within a maintenance, manufacturing, construction or general laboring environment.
Candidates must be able to work as part of a team while also showing initiative, be capable of working with minimal oversight but willing to follow directions closely. They must be safety conscious. They must have basic computer skills, ability to learn quickly and good attention to detail. A knowledge of Telecoms would be an advantage.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working at heights on telecommunications structures including towers and masts to survey structures
- Taking measurements and recording the information accurately on internal app system
- Completing accurate documentation of equipment on towers and survey reports
- Conducting site surveys and capturing digital images on each site.
- Working as part of the team to optimise the workloads
- Perform duties in accordance with all company policies and procedures
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the business.
- Adhering to all Delmec and site-specific Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety requirements and regulations.
- Not afraid of working at heights
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- Valid full driving licence
- Basic computer skills required
- Good verbal and written English
- Available to start position immediately or by the end of February
- Be able to provide reputable employer references
- A knowledge of telecoms would be an advantage
- Safe Pass Certificate would be an advantage
- Full training will be provided
- Part of a two-person crew
- Transport will be provided
- Competitive remuneration
- Safety equipment and personal protective equipment provided
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career in an expanding business within the Telecoms sector. Full training will be provided.
Our offices are based just 1 hour outside Dublin and can be accessed from the M9. If you are interested in discussing this role in confidence please fill out the form below and attach your CV.