Delmec are an international telecommunications service provider, established in 1975 and based in Carlow, Ireland that has a number of operations internationally within Europe, Africa and Asia. The core divisions of the business are in the manufacture and supply of telecoms towers and masts, the installation and construction of telecommunication base stations, and the structural audit, inspection and design analysis of telecoms infrastructure, providing high quality services, internationally to mobile phone operators, tower portfolio managers and infrastructure developers in over 40 countries.
Position: Store Person (Full Time)
This role will entail working in the Delmec warehouse, handling, stock equipment and materials. The work will include lifting /moving loads of varying weights and will require a good understanding of stock control and warehouse management. Duties will include carrying out deliveries and collection of materials to and from Delmec properties, sites, and suppliers. Candidates need to have good interpersonal and organisational skills and the ability to keep up with a busy and fast-paced environment. We are looking for a hard-working and highly motivated person with a can-do attitude.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receiving, storing, assembling, packing and/or unpacking of goods
- Ensuring the safe loading and unloading of materials onto vehicles and assisting colleagues in this task where necessary
- Issuing of stock, tools and equipment
- Recording of stock and tool receipts and issues on the computer system to enable accurate stock levels and tool inventory
- Ensure all received stock is undamaged and that everything ordered is present and accounted
- Monitor stock levels and organise existing inventory
- Picking and dispatching standard item orders
- Maintaining record of non-conforming products
- Reporting non-conformances
- Storing stock safely and ensuring that the store and yard is kept tidy and well organised
- Adhere to all Delmec quality and environmental obligations, company environmental policy, Health and Safety requirements, regulations, and safe work practices
- Previous stores/warehouse or stock control experience essential
- Competent computer applications user including MS Office and inventory management systems
- Full driving licence essential
- Valid forklift licence would be an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work on their own initiative
If you are interested in discussing this role in confidence then please complete the form below and upload a copy of your CV.