Senior Engineer (Philippines)
Delmec are an international telecommunications service provider, established in 1975 and based in Carlow, Ireland that has a number of operations internationally within Europe, Africa and Asia.The core divisions of the business are in the manufacture and supply of telecoms towers and masts, the installation and construction of telecommunication base stations, and the structural audit, inspection and design analysis of telecoms infrastructure, providing high quality services, internationally to mobile phone operators, tower portfolio managers and infrastructure developers in over 40 countries.
Position: Senior Engineer
Location: Based in the Philippines – Working Remotely
Role Description and Skills:
The Senior Engineer will work on upcoming projects in Asia. Reporting to Delmec’s Design Office Manager, the Senior Engineer will be directing and coordinating the workforce in the design and production of service consistent with the goals and objectives of the company, having regard to innovative solutions, value management, cost-effectiveness, functional efficiency, and customer satisfaction. They will provide support for projects development and implementation in Asia.
Candidates should have previous experience such as structural analysis, designing of various strengthening solutions, specification writing and compiling technical schedules. A knowledge of Telecoms would be an advantage. This position requires at least 5 years of structural, civil, or mechanical engineering experience.
The role will involve:
- Quality assurance and reporting on structural analysis design
- Report progress and compliance with KPIs to Design Manager
- Liaising with clients and subcontractors
- Management of work order tracker and job numbers reports
- Modifying designs and re-testing
- Conduct structural analysis of various telecoms structures and foundations
- Design and calculate tower strengthening solutions
- Conduct QC on the reports completed by others
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring other members of the team
- Ensure proper standards, norms and methodology is applied for all the structural analysis on Asian market
- Engage with the Sales Department on upcoming jobs/contracts. Provide technical support
- Team management on the daily basis to ensure compliance with design department weekly/monthly targets
- Adhere to all Delmec quality and environmental obligations, company environmental policy, Health and Safety requirements, regulations, and safe work practices
- Engineering Qualification – Structural, Civil or Mechanical
- Relevant work experience 5+ years
- Foundations’ experience, rebar, and structural calculations essential
- Knowledge of TIA standards beneficial
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability for decision making
- Relevant Telecoms experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of telecoms structural software is recommended for this position
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Structural/Civil/Mechanical Engineer to develop a career in an expanding business within the Industrial sector. Competitive salary will be offered to the candidate with relevant experience.
If you are interested in discussing this role in confidence, please do not hesitate to fill out the form below and upload your CV