Senior Engineer (for French Market)
Role Description and Skills:
The Senior Engineer will be responsible for managing projects on the French market within the constraints of scope, resources, deliverables, quality, time, and cost, to deliver to specified requirements and meet customer satisfaction. Reporting to Delmec’s Design Office Manager, the Senior Engineer will be directing and coordinating the workforce in the design and production of service consistent with the goals and objectives of the company, having regard to innovative solutions, value management, cost-effectiveness, functional efficiency, and customer satisfaction. He/she will provide support for projects development and implementation in France.
Candidates should have previous experience gained within telecoms design environment, including areas such as structural analysis, designing of various strengthening solutions, specification writing and compiling technical schedules. A knowledge of Telecoms would be an advantage. The skills required to support these duties include excellent communication and report writing skills, attention to detail and technical knowledge.
This position requires at least 5 years of structural, civil, or mechanical engineering experience, preferably within telecoms/manufacturing environment.
The role will involve:
- Quality assurance and reporting on structural analysis design
- Report progress and compliance with KPIs to Design Manager
- Liaising with clients and subcontractors
- Management of work order tracker and job numbers reports
- Modifying designs and re-testing
- Conduct structural analysis of various telecoms structures and foundations
- Design and calculate tower strengthening solutions
- Conduct QC on the reports completed by others
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring other members of the team
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and comply with all company health and safety policies/procedures
- Ensure proper standards, norms and methodology is applied for all the structural analysis on French market
- Engage with the Sales Department on upcoming jobs/contracts. Provide technical support and ensure time and effort is properly assets
- Team management on the daily basis to ensure compliance with design department weekly/monthly targets
- Engineering Qualification – Structural, Civil or Mechanical
- Fluent spoken and written French and English essential
- Relevant work experience 5+ years
- Knowledge of French construction regulations and H&S legislation
- Knowledge of French Eurocodes essential
- Relevant Telecoms experience highly desirable
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability for decision making
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Structural/Civil/Mechanical Engineer to develop a career in an expanding business within the Industrial sector.
If you are interested in discussing this role in confidence please do not hesitate to submit an application using the form below