Senior Design Engineer
Delmec are an international telecommunications service provider, established in 1975 and based in Carlow, Ireland that has a number of operations internationally within Europe, Africa and Asia.The core divisions of the business are in the manufacture and supply of telecoms towers and masts, the installation and construction of telecommunication base stations, and the structural audit, inspection and design analysis of telecoms infrastructure, providing high quality services, internationally to mobile phone operators, tower portfolio managers and infrastructure developers in over 30 countries.
Position: Senior Design Engineer
Location: Katowice/ Poland
Role Description and Skills:
The Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for creating designs for the company, developing innovative solutions that meet the requirements and needs of Delmec’s customers. Reporting to the Design Office Manager , the Senior Design Engineer will also ensure that the design activities, goals, and targets are completed on time, on budget, and are successful.
Candidates should have previous experience gained within site design environment, including areas such as developing detailed design drawings and calculations, specification writing and compiling technical schedules. A knowledge of Telecoms would be an advantage.
The skills required to support these duties include excellent communication and report writing skills, attention to detail and technical knowledge. This position requires at least 5 years of structural design experience, preferably within telecoms/manufacturing industry/environment.
The role will involve:
- Quality assurance and reporting on structural analysis design
- Uploading all reports and technical documents on to Delmec system
- Liaising with clients and subcontractors
- Carrying out site surveys
- Management of weekly time sheets
- Management of work order tracker and job numbers reports
- Structural analysis design
- Preparing calculations and reports
- Modifying designs and re-testing
- Telcoms Infrastructure Management System (TiMS) management
- Calculations and reports for Delmec in relevant country
- Build work scheduling, efficiencies and KPI’s
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced members of the team
- Adhere to all Delmec quality and environmental obligations, company environmental policy, Health and Safety requirements, regulations, and safe work practices
- Engineering Qualification (Structural or Civil)
- Good spoken and written English required
- Relevant work experience 5+ years
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Strong decision-making ability
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Relevant Telecoms experience highly desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for a Design Engineer to develop a career in an expanding business within the Industrial sector.
Our offices are based just 1 hour outside Dublin and can be accessed from the M9. If you are interested in discussing this role in confidence then please complete the form below and upload a copy of your CV.