Quality Assurance Engineer
Delmec are an international telecommunications service provider, established in 1975 and based in Carlow, Ireland that has a number of operations internationally within Europe, Africa and Asia.
The core divisions of the business are in the manufacture and supply of telecoms towers and masts, the installation and construction of telecommunication base stations, and the structural audit, inspection and design analysis of telecoms infrastructure, providing high quality services, internationally to mobile phone operators, tower portfolio managers and infrastructure developers in over 30 countries.
Position: Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Carlow, Ireland (Hybrid work)
Role Description and Skills:
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the quality management systems and standards on site and ensure regulatory requirements are met. Reporting to the Head of HSEQ, the Quality Assurance Engineer will play a key part in providing the expertise and support to all aspects of the company’s operations on quality issues.
Candidates should have previous experience within a quality/technical environment. A knowledge of telecoms and international regulations would be an advantage. The skills required to support these duties include the ability to perform “hands on” troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, excellent communication, attention to detail and technical knowledge.
This position requires at least 3 to 4 years of quality, mechanical, structural, or civil engineering experience, preferably within telecoms/manufacturing/design environment.
The role will involve:
- Provide internal auditing of ISO systems and certifications
- Prepare for ISO recertification and surveillance audits and assist with implementation
- Perform HSEQ audits of site works, workshop, offices etc
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions
- Develop and deliver HSEQ training programmes
- Develop and maintain quality control systems and checks
- Monitor and act on quality control statistics
- Lead, participate and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Monitor and review feedback register and ensure corrective actions
- Create and monitor document registers for document control and communication
- Carry out PPE inspections and maintain PPE register control
- Support lean green belt projects
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and contractors regarding vetting and documentation control
- Adhere to all Delmec quality and environmental obligations, company environmental policy, Health and Safety requirements, regulations, and safe work practices
- Demonstrate a positive work ethic that will represent the company’s culture and corporate values
- Engineering Qualification – Mechanical, Structural or Civil
- 3 to 4 years relevant experience
- Detailed knowledge in Irish quality regulatory requirements essential
- Knowledge of International regulatory requirements desirable
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- In-depth knowledge of Risk Management, ISO standards and regulations required
- Telecoms experience highly desirable
- Previous technical training experience using Lean/Six Sigma desirable
- A qualification in Lean/Six Sigma methodologies is an advantage
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability for decision making
- Some international travel will be required
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to develop a career in an expanding business within the Industrial sector.
If you are interested in discussing this role in confidence then please complete the form below and upload a copy of your CV.