Delmec are an international telecommunications service provider, established in 1975 and based in Carlow, Ireland that has a number of operations internationally within Europe, Africa and Asia. The core divisions of the business are in the manufacture and supply of telecoms towers and masts, the installation and construction of telecommunication base stations, survey and maintenance of structural masts and the structural audit, inspection and design analysis of telecoms infrastructure, providing high quality services, internationally to mobile phone operators, tower portfolio managers and infrastructure developers in over 40 countries.
Position: Project Manager (Full-time)
Role Description and Skills:
Delmec is currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our busy team in Carlow responsible for organising and delivering on the highest quality for telecom systems installation projects. The Project Manager will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of allocated projects, to the clients’ specifications, quality and agreed budgets.
The Project Manager will play an integral role in collaborating with our clients, employee teams and management, while contributing to our culture of process improvement and adding value with a focus on quality to ensure smooth delivery of results while meeting our business and client’s needs.
In addition to excelling in core project management, successful candidates will demonstrate strong leadership, people management, excellent communication and organisational skills. Technical expertise, knowledge or background would be a distinctive advantage. This position requires at least 3 to 5 years’ project management experience, preferably within an industrial, commercial, construction, manufacturing, telecoms or technical environment.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the client and key stakeholders to establish and maintain collaborative relationships, supporting effective delivery and performance measurement for each project.
- Defining, driving and provide hands-on project management during all stages of the project life cycle – Analysis, Design, Report on project and software metrics including progress, defects, costs, resource utilisation, risks, and issues.
- Demonstrate leadership by consistently taking charge of challenges and leading the team towards resolution in a fast-paced environment, ensuring effective communication within the project team.
- Manage all projects risks and issues finding the appropriate solutions to address them – act as a link between teams, operations and client.
- Ensure that performance standards and contractual KPI’s and SLA’s are met.
- Manage project rollout involving various technologies including LTE.
- Build work scheduling, efficiencies and KPI’s.
- Creating work orders and invoicing.
- Prepare work schedules and assign specific duties while ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation, environmental and quality policies, procedures and company policies.
- Manage and coordinate internal resources, teams/crews, sub-contractors, materials and training to fulfil the requirements of the agreed program of work.
- Maintain the highest standards in health & safety, quality and client service, ensuring that contracts are completed safely, per program and on budget.
- Assist the implementation of all key project processes to support the project’s delivery and monitor these processes, reporting and making recommendations to the client team.
- Monitor site works, record and report non-conforming work and drive the team for follow up, preventative and close out actions.
- Carry out and participate in regular audits of employee performance and quality of work to ensure the highest standard of service and workmanship is being achieved.
- Regularly conduct site inspections to promote and observe safety and obtain progress, report and track any corrective actions through to timely completion.
- Manage changes to project scope, risks, issues and overall project governance.
- Ensure the project is delivering commercially for the business and project milestones are met.
- Provide accurate project performance data to senior management on a regular basis.
- Proactively identify and follow up on opportunities to develop new business.
- Qualification in Project Management, Engineering or similar related discipline an advantage.
- At least 3 to 5 years of professional experience in project management on large scale projects or programme delivery experience.
- Experience of the delivery of integrated software & hardware solutions into mobile network operators.
- Ability to grasp and understand the business concepts, in addition to the technical imperatives of a project and to participate in high-level technical discussions with the team and client.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent customer relationships while managing their expectations.
- Ability to manage multiple customer-facing projects and responsibilities concurrently.
- Results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with excellent client facing relationship skills.
- A track record of completing projects on time and on budget.
- Experience in managing budgets and the financial awareness around the effects of every decision made.
- Lean experience would be an advantage.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
Remuneration is dependent on industry experience and qualifications. This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career in an expanding business within the Telecoms sector.
Our offices are based just 1 hour outside Dublin and can be accessed from the M9. If you are interested in discussing this role in confidence please complete the form below and attach your CV.