Delmec are an international telecommunications service provider, established in 1975 and based in Carlow, Ireland that has a number of operations internationally within Europe, Africa and Asia. The core divisions of the business are in the manufacture and supply of telecoms towers and masts, the installation and construction of telecommunication base stations, and the structural audit, inspection and design analysis of telecoms infrastructure, providing high quality services, internationally to mobile phone operators, tower portfolio managers and infrastructure developers in over 40 countries.
Position: HSEQ Manager
Safety comes first. That’s the message that we’re constantly reinforcing in our company and across all our sites. We’re looking for a Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager professional to join our busy team in Carlow to take ownership of our operational safety, health, quality and environmental performance across all sites. The HSEQ Manager will report to the company General Manager.
As HSEQ Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with Delmec management team and sub-contractors to provide an integrated service in all aspects of HSEQ. This will involve the development and delivery of strategic plans and objectives that support both operational requirements as well as the day to day Health and Safety compliance across multiple project sites in Ireland and Internationally.
The HSEQ Manager will ideally live within commuting distance of Carlow as this is an office-based role, with part-time remote working. However, the business operates sites throughout Ireland which the HSEQ Manager will be required to visit.
As part of the management leadership team, you will be expected to lead by example and be a subject matter expert in relation to environmental impact, quality, health and safety. Supporting the team with your knowledge and experience across our operations whether through delivering training or by coaching and supporting our managers and teams, and by helping develop the right health and safety behaviours at all levels of the business.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Regularly review and update the HSEQ plan in conjunction with the General Manager ensuring that Environment, Quality, Health and Safety is firmly embedded within the culture of the organisation and its employees.
- Management, development and co-ordination of the HSEQ team.
- Proactively support and drive the operational teams to ensure continuous improvement, reduce risk and implement change management to improve on current processes.
- Ensure compliance and promote good work practices in relation to quality, health, safety and welfare management systems.
- Liaise and build effective working relationships with customers, relevant statutory bodies and consultants and continually strive to improve our overall HSEQ performance.
- Establish and manage site HSEQ budget and produce monthly HSEQ KPI’s, identifying trends, problem areas, and possible solutions where necessary.
- Carry out internal auditing & inspection of the EHS system to ensure continuous improvement of the system.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate appropriate health and safety management audits for the sites.
- To support co-ordination and completion of ISO9001 / ISO14001 / ISO45001 audits and support operational teams with any external audits.
- Provide support and guidance to the Management Team on HSEQ matters including; the development of statistics, management reviews, targets and objectives.
- Develop, manage and deliver training and coaching on key HSEQ topics as necessary. Ensure HSEQ training is proactively managed for both employees and contractors on site.
- Responsible for the HSEQ Training Needs Analysis, training evaluation of all operational training activities for the company both in Ireland and International.
- Develop specific site method statements, risk assessments, site induction and safe systems of work for both factory and site works and ensure they are being adhered to.
- Advise, monitor, evaluate and develop HSEQ policies and procedures that ensure compliance with current Irish and International legislation, and industry best practice.
- Plan and lead regular health, safety and environmental meetings ensuring any concerns raised are addressed.
- Take a leadership role in waste management across the organisation.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective internal environmental auditing programme. Review on an ongoing basis the Sites’ current activities and related environmental obligations to ensure legal compliance.
- Lead on accident, incident investigations and root cause analysis studies. Ensure appropriate corrective action and statutory reporting occurs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Third level qualification in Health & Safety and/or Environmental Science or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience of working in a similar role, ideally within the Telecoms/ Construction/ Manufacturing or Industrial sector. Other industries will be considered.
- An understanding of Lean in manufacturing and services and experience in experience in implementing lean projects.
- A genuine passion for Safety, Health and Environment issues, with a record of making measurable improvements to operational practices.
- Experience in developing and implementing behavioural and Health & Safety Management Systems.
- Hands on experience in conducting audits, investigations & root cause analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of Irish EH&S legislation and ability to efficiently manage all environmental, health and safety issues on site. International experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to work and communicate confidently and effectively with both senior management within the company as well as external customers and contractors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong decision-making expertise, and the ability to engage and influence employees and senior management.
- Ability to lead a team, use their own initiative and be self-motivated.
- Good problem-solving techniques and ability to resolve issues quickly ensuring that all HSEQ compliance requirements are met.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers. Possess sound working knowledge of IT systems such as Windows 10, SharePoint, Teams etc.
Remuneration is dependent on industry experience and qualifications. This is an excellent opportunity for a HSEQ Manager to develop a career in an expanding business within the Industrial sector.
Our offices are based just 1 hour outside Dublin and can be accessed from the M9. If you are interested in discussing this role in confidence please fill out the form below and attach your CV.