Delmec are an international telecommunications service provider, established in 1975 and based in Carlow, Ireland that has a number of operations internationally within Europe, Africa and Asia. The core divisions of the business are in the manufacture and supply of telecoms towers and masts, the installation and construction of telecommunication base stations, and the structural audit, inspection and design analysis of telecoms infrastructure, providing high quality services, internationally to mobile phone operators, tower portfolio managers and infrastructure developers in over 40 countries.
Position: General Operative
Role Description and Skills:
The General Operative will be reporting to the Production Manager and working with other team members to ensure smooth operations, handling equipment and lifting/moving loads. The main responsibilities of General Operative will be to assemble towers and monopoles, load and unload trucks, and prepare goods for dispatch. The work will require a good understanding of manual handling techniques and principles. This position would suit someone who is hard-working, good with their hands, and physically fit.
The role will involve:
- Tower and monopole assembly as per company’s standard operating procedures and in-house training
- Loading/unloading articulated and rigid lorries
- Dispatch control of structures
- Reporting non-conformances
- Keeping the yard clean, tidy and organised
- Adhere to all Delmec quality and environmental obligations, company environmental policy, Health and Safety requirements, regulations, and safe work practices
- Previous experience working in a physically demanding environment and outdoors in all weathers
- Full, clean driving licence essential
- Previous experience driving a forklift or teleporter essential
- Ability to work on their own initiative
- Effective teamwork and communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity for a General Operative to develop a career in an expanding business within the Industrial sector.
Our offices are based just 1 hour outside Dublin and can be accessed from the M9. If you are interested in discussing this role in confidence please complete the form below and attach your CV.