General Machine Operator
Delmec Group – Job Specification
Delmec are an international telecommunications service provider, established in 1975 and based in Carlow, Ireland that has a number of operations internationally within Europe, Africa and Asia.
The core divisions of the business are in the manufacture and supply of telecoms towers and masts, the installation and construction of telecommunication base stations, and the structural audit, inspection and design analysis of telecoms infrastructure, providing high quality services, internationally to mobile phone operators, tower portfolio managers and infrastructure developers in over 40 countries.
Position: General Machine Operator
Role Description and Skills:
The General Machine Operator will be reporting to the Production Manager and working with other team members to ensure smooth operations, handling equipment, and moving loads. The main responsibilities of General Machine Operator will be to operate the metal profiler machine in the workshop. The ideal candidate will have a practical hand on approach and a willingness to learn. Full training will be provided to the successful applicant. Delmec has opportunities for progression to other roles and areas within the company in the future.
The role will involve:
- Operating the metal profiler machine
- General Operative duties within the workshop will be required
- Reporting non-conformances
- Maintain safe and clean work areas
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
- Adhere to all Delmec quality and environmental obligations, company environmental policy, Health and Safety requirements, regulations, and safe work practices
- Full time position Monday to Friday, from 8am – 4.30pm
- +1 year’s previous experience in a similar position
- Proven experience in machine operating
- Previous experience driving a forklift beneficial
- Ability to work on their own initiative
- Effective teamwork and communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity for a General Machine Operator to develop a career in an expanding business within the Industrial sector.
Our offices are based just 1 hour outside Dublin and can be accessed from the M9. If you are interested in discussing this role in confidence, please do not hesitate to send your CV via the form below.