Delmec are an international telecommunications service provider, established in 1975 and based in Carlow, Ireland that has a number of operations internationally within Europe, Africa and Asia. The core divisions of the business are in the manufacture and supply of telecoms towers and masts, the installation and construction of telecommunication base stations, and the structural audit, inspection and design analysis of telecoms infrastructure, providing high quality services, internationally to mobile phone operators, tower portfolio managers and infrastructure developers in over 40 countries.
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Role Description and Skills:
The Draftsperson will join our multidisciplinary engineering team and will work between our offices and on-site. The ideal candidate will be gathering drawings and specifications, calculating material and equipment requirements, and setting up production methods. They need to have hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software, a good understanding of sheet metal fabrication techniques, and the ability to understand and interpret the information provided by clients and the engineering team to provide cost-effective solutions to their requirements. Knowledge of Telecoms would be an advantage.
The role will involve:
- Design values strengthening solutions for existing masts and values steelwork for new masts
- Produce fabrication drawings for the Workshop
- Create detailed product designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software
- Prepare, review and redraft drawings in co-operation with the engineering team
- Identify and communicate potential design problems to the rest of the team
- Design diagrams, maps and layouts to illustrate workflow
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
- Create manuals that describe existing products’ operation, features, and maintenance
- Collection of data from sites
- Adhere to all Delmec quality and environmental obligations, company environmental policy, Health and Safety requirements, regulations, and safe work practices
- Detailed knowledge of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Inventor or other design software
- Engineering qualification with relevant 1-3 years of experience
- Ability to draw manually would be beneficial
- Experience in data collection
- Ability to work well in a team and on own initiative
- Familiarity with 3D modelling tools
- Good maths skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Full, clean Driving Licence essential
- Ability to work at heights
This is an excellent opportunity for a Draftsperson to develop a career in an expanding business within the Industrial sector.
Our offices are based just 1 hour outside Dublin and can be accessed from the M9. If you are interested in discussing this role in confidence then please complete the form below and upload a copy of your CV.