Apprentice Metal Fabricator
Delmec are an international telecommunications service provider, established in 1975 and based in Carlow, Ireland that has a number of operations internationally within Europe, Africa and Asia. The core divisions of the business are in the manufacture and supply of telecoms towers and masts, the installation and construction of telecommunication base stations, and the structural audit, inspection and design analysis of telecoms infrastructure, providing high quality services, internationally to mobile phone operators, tower portfolio managers and infrastructure developers in over 40 countries.
Position: Apprentice Metal Fabricator
Role Description and Skills:
Delmec Engineering are currently seeking two candidates to enrol in our apprenticeship program. This is a full-time position and is based at the Delmec factory in Carlow. The job will include reading of drawings and working with metal materials. A Metal Fabricator uses skills such as measuring, marking out, cutting, and welding materials using different processes and assembly techniques.
The apprenticeship consists of four on-the-job phases with Delmec and three off-the-job phases in an educational organisation. Apprentices will be invited to attend their off-the-training phases in accordance with the SOLAS scheduling system. This apprenticeship is complete when an apprentice has successfully finished all on-the-job and off-the-job phases of their apprenticeship, which is a minimum of four years in duration from the date of registration.
At Delmec we pay all our apprentices the wage recommended by the ETB (Education and Training Board). A training allowance is paid by the local ETB while the apprentice is attending the off-the-job training. On successful completion of this Metal Fabrication apprenticeship, the apprentice will be awarded a QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate Craft – Metal Fabrication.
The role will involve:
- Perform on the job training tasks relevant to your current phase/module
- Assist Metal Fabricators in all duties
- During each module the apprentice needs to practise in the workplace environment the newly learned skills to the required standards of accuracy, speed, and quality
- Must ensure apprenticeship booklet is maintained and kept up to date so that the assessor can complete the assessments, for all the modules
- Attend all the classes for off-the-job training
- Take the ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities, and perform them in an efficient and timely manner
- Adhere to all Delmec quality and environmental obligations, company environmental policy, Health and Safety requirements, regulations, and safe work practices
- Junior Certificate must be completed
- Junior Certificate in Engineering, Tech Drawing (DCG), Woodwork, Physics are a bonus
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- No experience required (training will be provided)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read manufacturing drawings would be beneficial
- Ability to work as part of a team
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career in an expanding business within the Industrial sector.
Our offices are based just 1 hour outside Dublin and can be accessed from the M9. If you are interested in discussing this role in confidence then please complete the form below and upload a copy of your CV.