Delmec are an international telecommunications service provider, established in 1975 and based in Carlow, Ireland that has a number of operations internationally within Europe, Africa and Asia.The core divisions of the business are in the manufacture and supply of telecoms towers and masts, the installation and construction of telecommunication base stations, and the structural audit, inspection and design analysis of telecoms infrastructure, providing high quality services, internationally to mobile phone operators, tower portfolio managers and infrastructure developers in over 40 countries.
Position: Account Manager
Location: Carlow. Due to Covid-19 restrictions this position will require working remotely.
Role Description and Skills:
Delmec is looking for an Account Manager to oversee and maintain the company relationships with a number of its customers in Ireland. The Account Manager will lead her/his customers, internal executives, and managers on key initiatives. The ideal candidate should communicate effectively to develop bespoke offers that deliver better value to both the clients and Delmec. They will identify customers’ needs and requirements to promote our company’s solutions and achieve mutual satisfaction. Candidates should be able to analyse data and sales statistics to improve business and marketing strategies
The skills required to support these duties include the capability to build strong relationships with customers, exceptional time management, excellent presentation skills, the confidence to hold their ground and push back when necessary, strong sales support and administration capability
This position requires three to five years of sales experience, providing solutions based on customer needs, preferably within a telecommunications/IT/technical environment. Knowledge of Telecoms industry would be an advantage.
- Develop solid relationships with a portfolio of clients to ensure they do not turn to competition
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements
- Expand the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their requirements
- Grow the company’s revenue by growing business with existing customers and developing leads, opportunities and business with new customers
- Negotiate contracts with key clients and meet established deadlines for the fulfillment of each client’s long-term goals
- Act as the main point of contact between customers and internal teams
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and deal with complaints to maintain trust
- Play an integral part in generating new sales that will turn into long-lasting relationships
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics
- Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner
- Gather, report, and communicate customers’ feedback on service, technology, and product delivery
- Ensuring all sales administration and support on portfolio is up to date
- Adhere to all Delmec quality and environmental obligations, company environmental policy, Health and Safety requirements, regulations, and safe work practices
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ sales experience as an Account Manager within a technical/ telecommunications/IT industry
- Experience in sales and providing solutions based on customer needs, with the aptitude in building relationships with professionals at all organisational levels
- BSc/BA in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to handle multiple client accounts
- Excellent organisational, problem-solving, analytical, negotiation and administrative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people person
- Second European Language an advantage
- Ability to prioritise and meet critical deadlines
This is an excellent opportunity for an Account Manager to develop a career in an expanding business within the Industrial sector.
If you are interested in discussing this role in confidence then please complete the form below and upload a copy of your CV.